I consult as a front-end architect specializing in React. This gives me plenty of ideas for patterns and improvements to try with this framework, at least on an experimental level. Here are some small projects and sketches that I have been exploring so far:
- No-callbacks: helping use React safely and declaratively by eliminating event callbacks
- Render prop helper: a simple hook to consume values exposed to a render-prop and hoist them back up to component level
- React CSV importer: all-in-one UX for uploading, parsing and custom-assigning fields for large CSV files
- React Collectable: a form helper and validator library based on Promises and uncontrolled inputs
- React Lingo: i18n library focused on dev experience (per-component message files, automated export/import)
- React Dynamics: collection of small state management utilities, designed around the UX affordance principle
My GitHub repositories page lists some more idea explorations, for both React and non-React code environments.